Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer: Daniela Dobson

This week's guest designer is the ever so talented Daniela Dobson. You will be blown away at her use of bright color, texture, and the use of vintage elements that are made to create modern design! Cardmakers - watch out! You will be totally inspired!

My name is Daniela Dobson and I live in Irving, TX with my husband and our son, Alex, who is 19 months. My days are filled taking care of him and I am grateful that I am able to stay at home and watch him grow.

My love for art started at an early age and continues today. Serious paper crafting started about 6 years ago when my cousin had a baby girl. I haven't stopped since. Most of the time I make cards. They are easy and fast. Scrapbooking takes a little more time, but as long as I scrapbook for me and do what I love, it can be completed in a flash (or during a nap).

I don’t know what my style is. I change things up constantly. I love mixing different papers and patterns. I get overwhelmed with too many things, so I like to start with three or four things that go together (or not) and go from there. I love to work with scraps or whatever is left over on my messy desk, especially for cards.

I love sketches and I love to draw. A sketch is my starting point, most of the time. I draw sketches from my old work, magazines, clothes, food packaging… the fun part is that you can use the same sketch over and over and it will always look different. I am in the process of transferring all the sketches into one notebook. Right now they are in a box on scrap pieces of paper, candy wrappers, napkins and whatever else I found to draw on at the moment. I strive to be organized it’s just not something I am good at.

I take pictures daily. They are mostly photos of Alex. There are photos of Alex taken every day since he was born. My perfect little subject, I just wish I had more time. I mostly scrapbook what is happening now. I do love to go back and look at old photos and find something that just jumps out or brings back a memory and then I scrap about that. This year I am working on Project 365. This involves taking one photo a day, but I can never take just one. The photo representing that day gets printed and then I journal about It. In addition, I record any important milestones for the week. The album format is pretty simple, no extra embellishing required.

I have always kept a record of my life, through journaling and photos. Scrapbooking allows me to combine those two. I don’t want to forget the important and not so important moments. I hope that through scrapbooking and making cards I can accomplish just that.





You can follow Daniela at her blog, For the First Time and at her Etsy store, Daniela's Handmade Creations.
Create Well: Draw sketches from old work, magazines, clothes, food packaging… the fun part is that you can use the same sketch over and over and it will always look different!
***********************************************************************************
Scroll down to the next post for a card kit giveaway! A winner will be drawn Wednesday!