Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

If You Gotta Start Somewhere...

Happy New Year everyone! I don't normally do well with resolutions but when I look back on last year I realized that I accomplished a lot and I know I wouldn't have done any of it if it weren't for God's help in it.

My 2009 list includes this and more...

1. Frustration in trying to learn Photoshop CS2 turned into determination to understand it.

2. Learned Photoshop just in time to have our family get us Lightroom.

3. Learned Lightroom.

4. Started this blog and Teach Often in February without realizing how much it would encourage me to document life.

5. Started teaching my son from home. Although he is a very active two year old and keeps me running in circles he continues to amaze me with his God given gifts.

6. Began to lead our children's ministry at church. Directed VBS and our Christmas program.

7. Began to design for Craft Warehouse and Triple the Sketch, met amazing Christian women on the teams, and was blessed to learn that my artistic talent can be used elsewhere.

8. Met new clients and had a great time out on photoshoots!

9. Grew closer as a family this year and thankful for a warm place to sleep and food on my table.

10. Learned digital scrapbooking and fell in love with it! *sigh!*

11. Met my husband's relatives for the first time and talked them into giving me all of their photos to record the family history.

12. Finished the first volume family genealogy album.

                        

My new favorite calendar from Paislee Press.
It is elegant, clean, and udderly perfect.

I have realized that there is no time like the present to live and then document your life. I love the song, City on My Knees by Toby Mac. He sings, "If you gotta start somewhere, why not here? If you gotta start sometime, why not now?" Why wait? This year I am giving myself a deadline - 2011. My goal for this year is to do another volume in our genealogy collection and document my life story for Ethan.

Goodbye 2009, hello 2010.

Create Well: If you gotta start somewhere, why not here? If you gotta start sometime, why not now?