Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Stephanie Hart

Stephanie Hart isn't afraid to {ROCK} colors and layers! I love that she uses paper in unique ways. Whether she cuts, shapes, or paints it Stephanie always makes the paper stand out on her pages. Stephanie designs for Kiki Art, inspirational blogs Scrap Yourself, and Creative Scrappers.


How would you describe your scrapbooking style? What makes your style your own? 

I really enjoy scrapbooking with texture, depth and lots of different mediums that get my hands dirty like mists and acrylic paints.  I tend to lean toward a combo of Shabby and Freestyle I think, and there usually is something cute and whimsical thrown in!


Who are your favorite scrapbook designers and why?

Hands down, I would have to say Sassafras.  I try and incorporate a little (or a lot in some cases!) Sassafras into all of my scrappy layouts and altered items.  There is something about their products that just brings a smile to my face.


What are your favorite color combinations to design with right now?  

At the moment, I’m really enjoying the color yellow.  It was once my least favorite color, but I think my last 5 layouts were all scrapped with predominately yellow patterned paper!  Go figure :)

What is your creative process? 

I usually have the photos to begin with, and an idea for a title…but then I just go through my paper and embellie stash, trying to find something fun to work with.  I’ve been experimenting with combining different manufacturers lately, and it’s given me that creative kick I needed when I lost my “mojo” a few weeks ago.



What is your story that you are trying to tell? How can this inspire others?

Ever since I can remember, I’ve felt a desire to create.  Growing up, my family valued creativity and encouraged me at every turn.  It instilled a confidence that enabled me as I got older to try new arts, new techniques, and new mediums.  I haven’t mastered them all (if any), but if something piqued my interest I was never afraid to give it a try.  If it allowed me to express myself creatively and sate that desire to “make something”, then it was well worth my time and effort. 

Scrapbooking combines so many different mediums so it really fulfills me.  The fact that I get to tell the story of my family and friends is an added bonus.

 How can you inspire others to "create well"?

I believe the key to creating well is to stay true to yourself and what you enjoy doing.  Find whatever works for you and nurtures your soul and stick with it.  Every now and again I take a step back and think all of my work looks the same, I need to change things, try something different etc….Don’t get me wrong, its ok to incorporate new ideas into the mix, but I think its also just as important to remind ourselves that our favorite color, favorite sketch, or favorite product is ok to use as much as we want to…what’s important is the process and to remember to have fun :)


You can follow Stephanie at her blog, Stephanie Hart. Stephanie also creates her own embellishments, buttons, and pins. They are darling!!!! You can find them at her store, My Little Bit of Whimsy! You can also follow her store's blog here. She is doing a July giveaway, just go here to this post, to enter!

Create Well: Find whatever works for you, nurtures your soul, and stick with it.