Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Amy Tangerine

I am thrilled to announce this week's guest designer, Amy Tangerine! Amy's colorful and playful design makes her standout as a designer and artist. Amy creates for American Crafts and Hambly Screen Prints, who's products match her style perfectly. She is fun, unique, and makes me want to get my thread and needle out right now...


How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I would say my style is colorful with a twist.


What inspires you to be creative? The world around me is super inspiring. I have always had a strong urge to make stuff. Creating is therapeutic and helps me stay grounded.


Who are your favorite scrapbook designers and why? There are so many of them. Love all these ladies for their unique style: Liz Kartchner, Maggie Holmes, Kelly Purkey, Emily Falconbridge and Paige Evans, just to name 5. But really I could name 20. They all have a style of their own.


What are your favorite color combination to design with right now? I love mixing in yellow with whatever I’m creating with. The last layout I did felt very fall-ish: orange, green, yellow + kraft.


What is your creative process? As far as scrapbooking goes, my approach is either product or photo driven at first. Then I choose all the rest of the elements and throw them together. I am a pretty fast and I don’t like to take things off once they’re stuck down.


What is your story that you are trying to tell? When I first started scrapbooking, I was just documenting events with photos. Now I try and infuse the story, a feeling, and fun into the pages.

How can this inspire others? Well, I think life moves so quickly that we need to once in a while sit back and cherish the memories. It helps me re-live the good times when I am making a page of a happy memory. It can also serve as therapy just getting thoughts down on paper.


How can you inspire others to create well? Life is fun. The memories you’re making should be recorded in some fashion. It will delight you (and others) to look back on one day.



Doesn't Amy's work remind you of a ray of sunshine? It totally makes my day looking at it! You can find more of Amy's work on her blog and Twitter.

Create Well: Try and infuse the story, a feeling, and fun into the pages of your work.