Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Tea Rose Home

Welcome back to Create Often's guest designer feature! This summer I have been working on several projects that I wouldn't normally get done during the winter season. I hope you are taking the time to create for yourself this summer! Sachiko, from Tea Rose Home, has been inspiring me to get out there and create more projects to enjoy everyday. She is like one of those super women that can do it all. ;) But, the best part is that she is humble and doesn't even think of herself as "super". She shares her blessed gifts online, which then encourages us to also be creative. She is the definition of "creative" and is why I chose her to be my fiftieth guest designer for Create Often!



Hi everyone, I am Sachiko from Tea Rose Home. I want to say thank you to Jen for inviting me to her place today to "meet" Create Often readers. :)

Tea Rose Home is where I share my designing, sewing, crafting, cooking and a little bit about my life. I LOVE anything to do with to being creative; I can't decide on just one thing! Here are some examples of what I mean...

I do clothes repurposing... To some people, my style is feminine because of the ruffle shirts that I have done, but I love all sorts of different styles. (I think I am more known for this than anything else).
Here is my most favorite ruffle shirt.


I make quilts...

I love making felt foods...


I do make jewelries once in a while...


I love giving second life to plain old baskets...


I love thrifting and refinishing furniture... I put our old cabinet ($5 thrift store find) and a thrift store find shelf together to create a completely new piece of furniture.


There was a time that I gave a $2 yard sale find ugly chair a new life...


Being in LOVE with food, I love to cook and experiment too...


I know I am all over the place, but I must say my heart belongs to sewing and quilting. My mother told me that I started sewing (started stubbing fabrics) at age two. As long as I can remember I have been in love with fabrics. Going to fabric stores is like being a kid in a candy store, touching them, trying to come up with different combinations and such make me so happy and it is so therapeutic.

Occasionally, I sit down to really work on designing (that is a luxury for a BUSY mom of three) but most of my ideas pop into my head, when I am doing house work, driving my kids to places, and such. That's why I always carry around a little notebook, so I won't forget the new design ideas.

As I mentioned earlier, I love and appreciate different design styles, but my root is classic, relaxed and simple styles; although, I do like to mix and match. White with colors, old and new, classic with some modern twist... it doesn't matter what I am working on, it is important for me to be open minded, and always being curious to keep the creative juices flowing in my head.

I love being a mom. To me, the most important thing in the whole world is to teach, love and raise my children. Although, making some time for myself to be creative actually helps me to be a better mom.

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a designer. Life had different plans for me and I haven't become a famous designer yet, but doing what I love to do makes me happy and keeps me connected to who I am. That is one of the things that I want to pass on to my kids... find what you love and stick to it to make our life more joyous and meaningful. Sharing that joy with others (in my case mostly through blogging) magnifies the joy by 10 times more if not 100 times more.

You see, just like I am here visiting you all right now... :)

I hope you will come visit me sometime to see what I am up to or at my weekly Wednesday link parties (remember? Sharing what you created makes you happy).

Thank you all for having me, and listening to my ramblings. I hope you all have a fabulous summer!

You can also find Sachiko at her etsy shop, Tea Rose Company and make sure to join her every Wednesday Link Parties! 

Create Well: Love to do makes you happy and keep connected to who you are.