Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Smash Book

I have had a lot of questions about my SMASH book lately. One, "How big is my blue book by now?" and another, "Can you even close it with all the layers?" Am I suppose to close it? ;) Actually, it isn't too bad unless I am in the doctor's office waiting room and want to whip that bad boy out to sketch in. It is a little bulky and might draw a little more attention than I want in public. 




So, to solve this problem, I bought an orange SMASH book. ;) As for the blue, I am finished adding layers but that's what is fun about it. As I SMASHed, I left all the journaling cards and white pages empty to sketch in. So, I am still pulling it off the shelf to add notes and drawings to it all the time.

When I SMASHed last weekend, I did it a little differently than the blue book. I had all my supplies out and had no plan. I just pulled items out of my stash and started cutting inspiration from magazines. I SMASHed all afternoon. I would just flip back and forth through the book and glued pieces as they fit. Here's what I came up with. (I will attempt to mention key elements I used on the page. A lot of the stash is old stuff I have been hording for a while. There is some new items I want to share with you the manufacturers of).


Fall styles from magazine, Pottery Barn clip outs from catalog, graph paper tape (manufacture unknown),
SMASH book paperclip by K&Company, Mrs. Grossman's lace sticker (super old), Pebbles Inc. stickers, ATC 
vintage paper pack - under paperclip (forgot manufacture), purple flower stickers by Echo Park


"Good for the Soul" sticker by Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts, blank tickets made from paper 
and Sizzix Tim Holtz ticket die, matted vintage photo, Paris sticker (old manufacture unknown)


 Hair style magazine cut out, red thread, old "sassy" sticker by Basic Grey, Pebbles Inc. 
flower/button stickers, pink frame by Jillibean Soup, "Enjoy the Journey" airplane sticker by 
Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts, "Crazy for You" die by Colorbok scrap layout
kit, and Christmas Tradition tag by Teresa Collins
Magazine cut out, American Crafts tags and sticker, London and Paris sticker (manufacture unknown), 
Amy Tangerine "You are My Favorite" sticker, SMASH Book tape by K&Company,
Date sticker by Jillibean Soup, "Snap Shot" tag by (my own sister) Rebecca
Grinder and One Bright Spot etsy shop, Paper by Cosmo Cricket and
Authentique
SMASH book page tabs and "Do not Forget" tab by K&Company, Stickers by Pebbles Inc., 
"Dream Big" and pink frame sticker by Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts, small
pink flower by Dear Lizzy by American Crafts, Please... tag by Basic Grey, Popsicle
sticker by Pink Pasilee, Hoover Dam sticker (manufacture unknown), Colorbok
scallop diecut from scrapbook layout kit, date tag by (my own sister)
Rebecca Grinder of One Bright Spot etsy store, blue library pocket from
The Dollar Tree, # 4 (manufacture unknown)


Vintage flash card (sticking out of top), Inspire Lovely postcard by Debee Ruiz (who by the
way ROCKS!) ;), SMASH book paperclip and tape by K&Company, Europe
and New York sticker (manufacture unknown), "Wish You Were Here" suitcase 
and doily sticker Amy Tangerine by American Crafts, vintage tickets, journal cards by Basic Grey,
and Colorbok scallop diecut from scrapbook layout kit

I loved the Gwyneth Paltrow "negative strips" photos in a recent fashion magazine I had and it reminded me of the negative strip that has been in my stash FOREVER. So, I added it to my book and now I want to do a photo shoot inspired by this page so bad...


 

Magazine cut out of Gwyneth Paltrow, negative strip (manufacture unknown), "Party Dress" 
stamp by Unity Stamp Co., State Fair tickets, SMASH book paper clip by K&Company,
doily, embossed cardstock by Bazzill Basics

I look forward to sharing even more pages tomorrow! 

Create Well: Be inspired by magazines. De-clutter your book shelves; cut out pages you like and SMASH it!