Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Playing Hard

Mind you, this household can get quite crazy. To keep my sanity there are a few things I have realized I've needed to do. One of them is to hide the light-sabers. My husband, even before my little E was born, had light-sabers. Of course, he got one for me so that we could "battle." These are not the foam or even light plastic kind. These were the heavy duty light-up-in-the-dark kind.

So, when I was pregnant, Dave had a dream that he and his son (in the dream was about four) were having a light-saber battle in a store. Of course, our son had the Yoda light-saber because it was his size. As they were dueling our son was yelling out, "You are not my father!" Oh my! I am still giggling just remembering the story. ;)

Needless to say, Dave did buy the Yoda light-saber before little E was born. But, the clashing of the not-even-suppose-be-to-be-played-with toy gets to me. I can just see all the frames on the walls come crashing down.


So, when we moved, I hid them. Yes, all three. Not far. Just in our closet. In fact, they are even on Dave's side of the closet. But, of course, he didn't know they were there until Monday night.


For our bible study we had to bring something in our closet that doesn't belong there. I thought that would be a great ice-breaker when I turned on the light-saber in the middle of bible study. ;) Dave was so excited to find the long lost saber that he immediately replaced the batteries and started to show off his quite impressive Jedi moves.

I am trying not to watch but I hear the commotion begin when my little E grabs the saber and starts the battle with my husband unarmed. Then I hear a bang. Thankfully everyone was ok. It was just E throwing the saber on the floor.


Yeah, I got to take a now broken light-saber to show and tell. Hence the reason why they are hidden in the closet in the first place...


Create Well: There is a way to cope with living in a household filled with an active boy. Scrap it.