Helmar is so blessed to have Susan as a part of their design team. She is such a talented artist and she has shared her talent with the rest of the crafting community by releasing new stamps with Unity Stamp Company! I was blessed by receiving Susan's ABC. 1, 2, 3. Washi, and A Little Grundge Love sets.
I love Susan's papers; they are described as whimsical. I would say that describes them perfectly.
There are so many ways to use these stamps with these papers, but I wanted to showcase them on a scrapbook layout.
These papers are made from 100% recycled paper. I was so surprised at the thickness of them. They feel like cardstock. So, I used it as the base of my layout, knowing it was going to be able to hold all of my layers.
1. I first threw some Mister Huey's Mist on the page. The paper didn't warp at all with the amount of paint on the page. I regret now adding a little more pink and blue in there. ;)
2. I started to add my base papers and then photos with Helmar's Premium Craft Glue. I love this glue because it also doesn't warp my paper or photos and has a good bond.
Both the brackets in the A Little Grundge Love set are different. You can see on my layout that one has a cracked look and the other a painted look. I liked both of them as they were and placed both on the page.
4. I then used a diecut to make a "watercolored" doily from Susan's paper. I LOVE this! It looks like I really watercolored a doily! Super cute!
5. After gluing down all my elements, I added my title and colored in the letters with a blue Sharpie.
6. Lastly, I used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry to add my rhinestones ensuring they stay in place for good.
Make sure you take advantage of this special offer, all Susan Weckesser Stamps are 35% off! Stay tuned into the Helmar blog and the Unity Stamp Company's blog for even more inspiration!