Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp - All About Me Memory File

Have you ever questioned why you are the way you are artistically? I use to think I was weird. So did a lot of others. ;) In the seventh grade I had to even paint my jeans. My mom thought it was creative and cool but my peers didn't think so.
 
In high school it was easier because I had other artist friends that I could lean on. Although, I still felt strange because my favorite movies were Pillow Talk, Bringing Up Baby, and Road to Morocco. I listened to big band music and my grandmother use to quiz me on musicians and actors (she was bed ridden and we would lay together watching classic movies all day long).

It was about three years ago that I realized that I wasn't alone. I really wasn't the only one who loved shopping for antiques and staying up late to watch Katherine Hepburn. I found lovely women online like Elsie, Emily, Ali, Debee, and Amanda who enjoyed these things too. {We are on first name bases around this blog because they are like my creative sisters ;) } I realized that I was made special. Unique. Creative.

 
The day before I started this Heidi Swapp assignment, my mum came over and gave me a cd. She said that she put together a playlist of songs just for me and she wanted me to listen to them. The song, Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars, came on and I just broke into tears.


How many times have I beaten myself up about being an artist? Was guilty about giving myself time to create? Just like a musician needs to play or a writer needs to put pen to paper, an artist needs to create. When I was listening to this song, I was reminded (yes - by my mother - again) that I was created to be creative... and that is beautiful.
 
As the song played so did my hands. I created this...
 
 
I didn't stop until the entire Memory File was finished. 
 
 
For a fast and less messy way to color Color Magic products, I use Tim Holtz's Distress Markers (this is Worn Lipstick). To clean the resist off the letters, I first wiped them with a paper towel after coloring them in. Then, I took a Q-tip sprayed with Windex and wiped the letters clean
 
 
I just love little touches like these bobby pins. I had 55 come out of my hair on my wedding day and still use them as paper clips in my projects. We celebrated our eighth anniversary last week!
 

I love to save money when printing my Instagrams. I open a 4x6 document in Photoshop and drag and drop six Instagrams to my document. Then I re-size them so they all have a white border around them. Then I save and print them at my local printers! I cut them into photo strips and added them to this handmade pocket with a few Stix popping out.

I hope you were encouraged today to appreciate who you were created to be and know that there are others out there just like you and me! xoxo
 
Create Well: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10 NIV

Note: Shabby Apple Giveaway is still going on here.