Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Pink Paislee - Countdown to Christmas Days 1-5


I can't believe it!!! I have been keeping up on my December album every day! Ha!!! Should I be so surprised? Maybe. I haven't finished every part of an album in years. I was looking at one yesterday with no journaling and another that the focus wasn't the photos so it didn't really feel like it captured our everyday life.  This is the first year that I am pleased that I have been able to print my photos right from home and add them to my book every night. It doesn't get much easier than that.


For Day 1, I tucked the extensive journaling inside the pocket and will need to add a little tab so it can be pulled in and out. Photos were taken in low light and usually when that happens I tend to go black and white.


I am making sure to pull out the DSLR for a lot of photos. I like that I have the freedom to use both my digital camera and phone to take pictures this year. I think my phone's quality and the way I take photos with my phone has changed a lot since I started doing a December album. 


Photos are a huge focus in this album. The more photos on a page the better. Journaling gets typed up about every other night. With these last couple of weeks I am going to have to do it every night because there is so much happening that I can barely remember to brush my hair in the morning. Seriously. I almost left the house with a wet tangled top knot the other day.


I am adding clean pages along with a few artistic ones. I like the clean look. I know what is the priority when I look at my album - it's the story. 


I added a Heidi Swapp Color Magic wood veneer and colored it with a Tim Holtz Distress Marker. I like the Barn Door red.


I kept the clear pages simple so that the other pages could peek through. As I have said before, I love to mimic the exact design on the opposite side of the clear pages so that no glue shows through.


 


I am adding lots of stars. Some have been saved for this exact purpose and some were a part of the Merry & Bright Ephemera Pack. I love them!


Stay tuned in as I have the next group of pages to share later this week! Hope you are enjoying playing along with Pink Pailsee's Countdown 2 Christmas! I know I have!

Create Well: Photos help you tell your story but if you do not write it down, who will be able to tell your story for you when  you are gone?