Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

What is the Definition of Scrapbooking?

What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

It was two weeks ago that my son turned 11. I made sure his baby album was pulled off the shelf and on display. My family enjoyed looking at the photos, especially the children. However, it wasn't until my mother-in-law looked at the album and said something out loud. What she said had been giving me mom-guilt for some time now...


This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Create Often with Jennifer Evans. I am an employee and do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts. I create what I love and love to share what I create, but all ideas and opinions are my own.


What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

She turned the pages and pointed to those pages filled with stickers and loaded down with embellishments and said, "So this is what real scrapbook pages look like." She was looking proudly at my work but I saw what was missing. Where was the story? Where was the basic information about the photos that I don't even remember anymore?

I had to admit out loud to her that although the page was a way I could express myself artistically, it wasn't really a "scrapbook page"... Memory keeping should be just that - about the memory. Not a page filled with "stuff". Although that is fun too!

What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

 I am going back to the basics with Heidi Swapp's Storyline collection. The who, what, when, where is easily filled out on the pages that come inside the album's page protectors. I created this double page layout with the photos my sister sent me after a birthday trip she and my brother-in-law took E on.

What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

Don't have that many pictures for your own story? No worries! Just use these sketches as your guide to create two separate layouts.

What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp


What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

What is the definition of scrapbooking? by @createoften for @heidiswapp

With Storyline I am closer to doing that! You can find Storyline and the new Heidi Swapp Storyline albums at Michaels Stores!


11 years from now I hope that I can be better at making sure his life moments and our memories are documented.