Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp - Hawthorne Scrapbook Page


There is something I love so much about matching my photographs to papers. In my scrapbooking crop days, I would bring my photos to the scrapbook store and I would walk around the paper racks with my photos in hand dragging them across the pages looking for the perfect color match.

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Create Often with Jennifer Evans. I am an employee and do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts. I create what I love and love to share what I create, but all ideas and opinions are my own.



It was something I loved so much that when my mother would come to visit she would give me her stack of photos ask me to match the papers for her so she didn't have to. Ha!

Sometimes it is just a pop of color that I can pull out from the photo, like in this case, my daughter's headband. Then, the page evolves from there.


This page from Heidi Swapp's Hawthorne collection is designed for cutting apart and using each card on its own. Instead I used it just as it was for a background. It looks like I took the effort in cutting each piece of paper but instead it was so much more simpler than that. I just matted my photo and placed it on the paper. Easy as can be.

I also made sure to use the Foam Stickers from the collection. They are easy to use! I added Hot Pink MINC Reactive Foil to it on the 0 heat setting on the MINC Foil Applicator. This just added the perfect amount of pressure to make the foil stick to the words.


I do love the Hawthorne Ephemera pieces. Some of them can be run through the MINC Foil Applicator Machine, but I just left them as they were.


I ran some 'choose happy" washi tape along the edge of this notched out piece of paper. Then, I made sure to type out my journaling to add it to the page. 


So, how do you chose what photos to use with what papers? For me, I am still in love with color matching. 



You can find all of these Heidi Swapp Hawthorne products and more at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores or online here