Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Right Where We Belong

Well... this has been a very productive week. Dave called from work on Tuesday and said, "Well, I traded my vacation for this week! Wanna move tomorrow?"

Thursday was our first night in our new home even though we hadn't moved everything yet. After stubbing my toe three times on the same box I decided to start unpacking. It was the same night that Dave and I stayed up until 2:30am trying to build the IKEA cabinet for my art supplies. Let me say that building things together isn't marriage strengthening. You know, "Pray together, stay together." "Play together, stay together." You know them all. Building is not one of those things that you can do to strengthen your marriage. In fact, I learned something new that night. If we want to stay together to never build together. ;) We couldn't get those stubborn doors on. We built the whole cabinet together using a word-less instruction booklet with over 30 steps and couldn't get the doors on! It's OK though. It is good to find those things out early in your marriage and then work on them. That's what love is all about...

We had Josh, Becca, and Sarah come over Friday night to help with our stubborn doors. Josh wasn't here five minutes before he had all the doors installed. Sigh! Becca helped me unpack all my art supplies. Now our living room is done and beautifully cozy. But, if I can't find something in the cabinet, I am going to have to call Becca to tell me where it is!

My loving husband got me a Texture Boutique (by Sizzex) for Valentine's Day and I love it. I got to play with Becca's and loved it. Now we can swap embossing folders! Today has been a relaxing day. I didn't unpack one box! This afternoon Ethan and I played outside. Ethan drove his big Tonka trucks and stomped in mud puddles. I started clearing the garden to get ready to transplant my perennials.

I love living here. I am five minutes from Becca and my other best friend, Joanne, is only three minutes away!


This house use to be Joanne's home. In the front of her garden she had this beautiful Spanish lavender. Since she moved out, someone moved the lavender to the back of the house. So, when Dave told me that he invited Joanne and Eric to dinner I made sure I cleared the front of the garden. Then, I went out back and moved that lavender right back where it belongs.

Create Well: What is the IKEA cabinet in your life?