Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Chelsea Cook

Welcome this week's guest designer, Chelsea Cook, who designs for Triple the Sketch and is the design team leader for Craft Warehouse. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out. Here's what she had to say:

I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful little girl who just turned two and a half. I started scrapbooking when I was in middle school and it has been my hobby since. Not only is it a hobby, but it is my passion.... my addiction. I scrapbook to preserve the precious memories I share with my family. It gives me a sense of joy when I complete a layout knowing that it will be around for years to come for my daughter and husband to see. Scrapbooking allows me to document not only the pictures, but the wonderful memories we share. . I often incorporate my faith in my layouts and very much enjoy documenting that. It is so important to me that my daughter will be able to look at these in the future and know exactly who her mom is/was. If I can inspire someone else then I have accomplished one of my goals.

How would you describe your scrapbooking style? I have always had a hard time defining my style. One of my favorite things to do is to try out new techniques... never know what might end up being a new favorite On most of my layouts, you will see lots of distressing, inking and sewing.

What inspires you to be creative? My daughter, other crafters, Scriptures, and photographs.

Who are your favorite scrapbook designers and why? I absolutely LOVE Stephanie Howell's style. She demonstrates to everyone the real reason behind scrapbooking. One of my most favorite blogs to visit is my dear friend, Patter Cross'. She is full of inspiration and her creations are always so well done. Best of all, she is true to herself.

What are your favorite color combinations to design with right now? I am always experimenting with different colors, but with summer here I am loving bright and fun colors. You will see a large variety from me though.

What is your creative process? This changes as well. Sometimes I have the picture in mind that I want to scrap, then I will get the product, figure out the layout (which can take a long time) and then place everything where I think I like it. I often place things in the same spot multiple times to before adhering everything... to make sure that all the layers are correct.

What is your story that you are trying to tell? How can this inspire others? I am simply trying to capture memories that have a special meaning to me and my family. Scrapbooking allows me to use my creative side to showcase my pictures. I have always had a passion for photography and scrapbooking gives me the opportunity to enhance my pictures with all of the product and journaling.






You can follow Chelsea on her blog and at her Etsy store, 1 HapEMomE.
Create Well: Create what you love to create. Use pictures that mean something to you. Use whatever colors you want. When it comes down to it, it is all about preserving memories for you and your family. Create in a way that touches you and them.