Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Evans Genealogy: New Love

This last weekend I was invited to go to a family reunion with my father-in-law. Dad hadn't been in over ten years and thought it was about time to make an appearance. His sister just passed away and he told his cousin, "Well, I realized that family is really important to me." I have been married to Dave for five years and haven't met any family from his dad's side. He knew that his Aunt and cousin would be at the Reunion and that I could get some information about the family's history. Little did I know that I was in for an amazing treat...

Our family comes from this beautiful couple pictured below. Florence's father passed away in the Heppner, Oregon flood of 1903 when she was eight years old. Her mother, Marion, remarried a divorced man which began her new life with a new family. Our family is actually a mixed one of three families! I thought I was just going to find out the history of one family but I guess I got three instead!

After a fill of information and tons of photos, I explained to Susie (my father-in-law's cousin) that I would love to begin preserving this history. Just like most families, all the photos were in static cling albums dating as far back as the 1800s! Surprisingly, the family let me just take the albums home with me! Can you believe it?

Yesterday, I scanned, restored, and printed thirty photos. I couldn't believe how beautiful the photos turned out. The color is so different from the original. It's like the photo was taken yesterday! I was so inspired that I did this layout of Florence and Jack before they were married.



The inscription on the back of the original photo.







Can you believe this photo was taken in 1916?

Everyone voted to have next year's reunion at my in-laws. I have a goal of preserving the family's history by this time next year. I am excited about this new journey and look forward to you coming along for the ride...