Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer: Ronda Palazzari

If you have been scrapbooking for any length of time you would have seen this week's guest designer's work. Ronda Palazzari's work is bold, colorful, and passionate. She's not afraid to tell her story and she does an amazing job doing it. Ronda designs for Cocoa Daisy, Fancy Pants Designs, and Purple Onion Designs.


How would you describe your scrapbooking style?

Uptown Antique Brie is what I like to call my style. Funny name I know but it’s kind of cheesy like me. You see I love the new, flashy stuff but have an appreciation for vintage items. I love to push the edge of products and use them in unconventional ways. I love breaking the rules and changing the way you would use products. Most of my layouts are cheesy, scrapping the emotions and every day moments. I love using bold colors and combing colors that surprise people.




What inspires you to be creative?

A photograph. A new technique. A new product. An Advertisement. A Fashion Magazine. A story to tell. Life. I find inspiration everywhere.


Who are your favorite scrapbook designers and why?

Dina Wakley for her use of paints, mists, and crazy stitches. Jennifer McGuire for being such a technique girl and willingness to share all kinds of story. Iris Baboa Uy…she rocks layers hard, love her inkiness. Julie Fei-Fen Balzer for her artsy approach. Kerry Lynn Yearly…for things just dropping off the page & her out of the box thinking. Vee Jennings…I have paint envy. I think I could keep going and going. I love scrappers.


What are your favorite color combinations to design with right now?

Hmm, probably Kraft, Aqua, Yellow, & Orange. I love bright colors.




What is your creative process?

Sometimes it starts with a story &/or Photography and builds from there. I usually tend to build foundations/textures with spray inks, paint, etc. I love textures. I add in layers of pattern paper & stitches. Scattered embellishments. I like randomness so you will often see the embellishments scatters. I am bad about leaving the title & journaling for last. It’s something I am working on but then again my layouts probably wouldn’t be the same.


What is your story that you are trying to tell?

How can this inspire others? My story. I guess that is all I am trying to tell. I write the stories from my perspective. I want talk about the feelings behind the story, the emotions. It is therapeutic for me. I try to keep a balance between my family stories and my personal (meaning me) stories. I am always trying to share the real me, the one who experiences all kinds of emotions. I let them spill on my page even the not so pretty ones.


How can you inspire others to "create well"?

Just keep playing. Try sharing the emotions behind the events. What strikes you about a photograph or a story. Tell it from your perspective. Take risks and just keep creating often.


You can follow Ronda on her blog, Help Me Ronda, [insert Beach Boy's tune here]. There you can be encouraged to stretch yourself as an artist. You will be moved by her photographs and inspired!
 
Create Well: Take risks and just keep creating often.