Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Fair Daze

scrapbooking, summer photography, Dear Lizzy, American Crafts
Fair Daze, originally uploaded by createoften.

Are you one of those people that go to a fair to just watch others have a good time on the rides? I am!

My first time at a fair wasn't until I was eighteen. Yes, I was deprived as a child. But, my mother had a very good excuse. You see, my grandfather worked at a fair in Southend, England. She grew up knowing the dark secrets of "booth operators" (which was what my grandfather's job title was). ;) I guess she didn't trust the games, rides, and everything that goes with a carnival. Hey, I don't blame her! I heard the stories too!

Back to when I was eighteen. I went on one of my first dates to the State Fair. When my date heard that I had never been on a Ferris Wheel, where do you think we went to first? Let me tell you, I have never been greener in my life! I think I was green for the next twenty four hours. My date thought I was joking when I told him I wasn't feeling well on the drive home, so he continued to hit the brake the whole way home! Argh! Not a pleasant memory.

So, I just go to the fair to "people watch."

Create Well: Along for the ride? Get photographs of the things around you. I photographed the Ferris Wheel even though there was no way you could get me on that thing! ;)