Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

My Star


My Star, originally uploaded by createoften.

My little man is growing up. Yesterday proved it.

Two days ago, I dropped a chair on my toe re-injuring the same spot that I had surgery on ten years ago. I took my son with me to my doctor's appointment. While in the waiting room, he colored, read books, and played with his cars on the windowsill. A man sneezed and he looked at him, "Are you ok?!" The man was taken off guard, "Ummm, yes, I just sneezed, thank you."

Every person that walked by he declared, "Hello!" Which made everyone laugh or smile and reply, "Hello!" A lady sat down near us and after Ethan said hello to her, she started up a conversation with him. She asked him if he was five or six years old and he said, "No! I am three!" She was so surprised. Of course she was...

During my x-ray, Ethan couldn't go with me and so he had to sit with another nurse. Afterward, I went to pick him up and there were three nurses in the room and exclaimed, "He read us his whole book!"

During our ride into town today I was singing the Newsboys song, "I am Free" playing on the radio.

"No, mommy, not ffff-ee!"
I asked him, "What?"
"Not ffffff-ee! I am three!"
"No, buddy, it's not three; it's free. God sets us free from our sins, all the bad choices we do."
Then he asked, "What is free?"

Man... good thing the song was playing in the background because describing what "free" means, as a Christian, is a difficult question to answer.

Through You the blind will see
Through You the mute will sing
Through You the dead will rise
Through You all hearts will praise
Through You the darkness flees
Through You my heart screams 'I am free'
I am free...


But he was pierced for our transgressions,
[he was] crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brings us peace today was upon him,
and because of His wounds we are healed",
because of His wounds I am healed,
because of His wounds you are healed -
do you believe it?


- I am Free by Newsboys

Create Well: Create a layout to show how your child shines in their everyday life.