Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Piradee Talvanna

Have you ever seen a paper artist's work and fall head over heals in love with paper all over again? That's what Piradee does to me every time I look at her designs! Piradee creates for Lily Bee, Made with Love, and Color Combos Galore. I love the way she mixes pattern paper. She also uses more than one photograph in unique sizes that inspires me to get out of my one-photo-per-page-rut. ;)


How would you describe your scrapbooking style?

That’s a really good question – as I honestly don’t know how to describe my style as it seems to be ever changing.  But if I were to pick one, I would say it’s a “simple with an artistic twist” style.


What inspires you to be creative?

Pretty much everything does.  There’s just some much inspiration everywhere, from the ads on the buses to the amazing online galleries. I would like to think that I’ve always have an artistic side in me and scrapbooking is my way of letting that creative flow.


Who are your favorite scrapbook designers and why?

Wow, that’s a super tough question as there are so many amazing designers out there…  a few that are on my must stalk  **wink** list at the moment are: Jill Sprott (her work is just amazing and so artistic), Sarah Martina (my source for cards), Julie Bonner (wonderful source for sketches), Keisha Campbell (pure inspiration) and the list pretty much goes on and on.


What are your favorite color combinations to design with right now?

At the moment, it’s a mix of colors between neutrals and brights.


What is your creative process?

I would say that I’m a backward scrapper most of the time. I would start with the pattern papers (as that’s my main source of inspiration) and work from there. As for the pictures, I end up changing the colors to match the layout (ie. black/white or sepia instead of colors). 


What is your story that you are trying to tell?

For me scrapbooking is about freezing a moment in time, a thought, a feeling, a smile. Although I mostly scrap happy moments, there are also the darker ones as this is my method of capturing how I feel and plus, it also helps de-stress me after a long day of work.


How can you inspire others to create well?


For me, creating in all forms (scrapbooking, cards, projects) is all about capturing the moments, so that sometime down road, when we look back at what we captured… hopefully it will bring a smile, or a laughter, or maybe just remembering that moment would make it the perfect day.


Isn't she lovely? ;) You can also find more of Piradee's work on her blog, The Scrapper in Me and at her Two Peas Gallery.

Create Well: Start with pattern paper as the main source of inspiration and work from there.