Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Revelation 52 - See Him

Being on vacation for two weeks has given me time to think. As a mother, life can get mundane. You know the routine. Washing dishes, doing laundry, potty training, cleaning, work, with meals in between. I don't know about you but I would love to be doing all of these things while having a great attitude, while being the best mother and wife I can be. But by the end of the day, there is always something I wish I had done a little better or maybe with some kind of "mountain top" experience. As a teacher for eight years, and in ministry for longer, I saw God work everyday in the childrens' lives. Why is it different at home?

The last week of Bible Study was the week before Christmas and the ministry team introduced the studies that would start in the new year. My sister and friend are about to start leading a One in a Million bible study, which I picked up to read during the break. I thought it would be nice, when in their company, to know what in the world they were talking about. I had no idea that it was just what I need to read this Christmas.

Living "a Christian" for a long time just hasn't been enough for me. Have you ever thought that you were just going through life, knowing that there was more for you? The everyday just doesn't cut it. Or maybe you remember days of amazing times in the Lord, but today it seems a little dry? Or what about too quiet? The Lord just doesn't seem like He is doing anything with your life or maybe He has forgotten about you.

So, here I am, reading chapter one, and I am shocked! Floored. Tears streaming down my cheeks because as the author, Priscilla Shirer, says God has planned an abundance life experience for me. Something more than I can ever hope, dream, or can imagine! I had no idea that I wasn't living the "Promised Land" life, or maybe I did, since I knew I "wanted more". I have been tired of going through my day struggling, praying for guidance, and not hearing from God.

I finished the book in two weeks and you know what? I realized that God has never left me. That I completely forgot all of the things He has created, ordained, and most of all how He has done so much for me already. I just needed a good reminder. Again. Been there?

                                  
Wanting the mountain top experience. Photo taken by Dave on his cross country skiing trip.

So, to help me remember that God loves me more than I can ever understand, I have a written verses and times in a little journal that I can carry with me. You know, just in case I need a "pick me up." I also, read it every morning, first thing, so that I am not praying "all about me" but totally in awe and thankful instead.

Then, to just add to the joy in my heart of what God has planned for me this year, I am starting a new bible study called Crazy Love. It is about how to live your everyday life, yes, even the one I am living right now, in love. In love with God.

Here is a little bit of what I got to hear today.



Good, huh? Revelation 52, will be a bit of my journaling during this year's journey. I will also posting a photograph to go with my entries. At the end of the year I will be uploading my entries into a Blurb book. I hope you will be encouraged while following along.