Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Pencil Lines - When Boy Meets Dog


I have been wanting to do this layout for almost a year now. Have you ever read the picture book, Knuffle  Bunny? It is a book about a little girl who is out with Dad and looses her favorite stuffed animal. Yeah, that happened with my husband and son. My husband took my son to the store and let him bring Spud with him. Now, Spud (my husband named the stuffed dog and will now never be allowed to name another thing my son owns again) greeted my son when he was at the hospital and has been loved on for three years. 

I never bring in any of Ethan's blankets or toys into the store (can we just insert an ewww here?) But, in this case my sweet husband caved. Of course, Spud fell out of the cart and was lost. It was quite a traumatic evening as we called the store for them to look in their lost and found. I am not sure who was more sad, Ethan or me! ;) Toy Story kept on replaying in my head when Woody yells in tears, "I'm a lost toy!" 

That night I went online and tried to find the same stuffed animal. The toy was given to us as a gift, so we had no idea where to find it. I couldn't even remember who made it. I had all of these images in front of me like a line up trying to match Spud exactly. I even asked my husband, sister, and brother-in-law's opinion and everyone voted differently on who was "Spud." I finally picked one I thought was "the one" and ordered it.

Of course, we ordered something that was out of stock and we got that email that said something like, "We are sorry that the item you ordered was out of stock but will be shipped out to you as soon as possible. Here is a 10% coupon to make it up to you for anything else in the store." Like I was going to be buying another thing from their store any time soon!

A month later, the box came in the mail. Of course by this time Ethan had put the tragic memory of loosing Spud to rest. Typical. So, we had him open the box. The picture in the layout is his first reaction. Isn't it precious? He yelled, "A dog!", since of course it didn't really look like Spud at all. (Insert my husband saying, "I told you so" right here) Then, Ethan said, "It's not Spud, it's Spudie." And I thought we could finally change the name to something a little less like a name of an edible tuber.




At the top right of the layout I have included a pocket to store this story and another wallet size photo of my little man and his new friend.

Create Well: Is your story long? Store it inside a pocket on your page with some photos you wanted to add but didn't really go with your page design.