Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Revelation 52 - Use Me, Lord

Photo taken this week of my feet. ;)

If you are a stay at home mom, like me, you may have heard you tell yourself, "I am home all day long. How can I serve God other than teaching my children?" Don't get me wrong, our family is our first responsibility, but it seems like the women I have talked to also feel the call to be used elsewhere. I have fought with the pressures of others telling me that I need to "do this" or "do that." But, until I feel God telling me that I need to teach or speak "here" or "there" I have been putting my time into teaching my son at home.

In the meantime, I still feel that desire to be used by God in mighty ways other than teaching my three year old. Maybe you've been there. So, this week, I have been asking God to show me and use me as he needs me.

So one day this week, when I had all my housework done I sat down in the living room and asked God to use me. So a random thought came to my head to go to the store. So, we left for the store and wandered around for an hour. We didn't need anything at the store. After an hour we got back in our car and on the way out of the parking lot there were two young homeless people. They looked like they were in their twenties. I pulled over and asked the guy's name, gave him two seed bundles, and told him I would be praying for him by name. You should have seen his face. Now when I pray I can call him by name and his face will come to mind. (This was encouraged by our pastor's wife and bible study leader).

Our church started seed bundles last fall. "Seed bundles" are packages, small or large, filled with items that the homeless can use. Some cash or gift certificates for food, blankets, snacks, gloves, toothbrush, New Testament, etc. Our family has been doing this for years now.

As we were driving home I was praising God for bringing me out of my house to help two people who needed it and it was all in His perfect timing! We hadn't been out of our car for a minute when a large dog ran by us and up the street in only a few minutes! It didn't take long for a teenager girl and a boy to walk by calling the dog's name. When I told her where I saw it run she broke down crying right there on the side of the street. I asked if she had a car to look for it and she said they didn't. I offered to give her a ride to look for it. In the car the boy told me that, "Whenever I see you, you always wave to me and I don't even know you." Honestly, I don't remember ever waving to him but I was sure he was right. I was just glad he didn't say, "Whenever I see you you are mad and mean." ;) We don't ever know who is watch us, do we? My answer to that was, "Well, yeah, we are pretty friendly people." Cause I really didn't know what to say. Ha!

We found the dog on the other side of our little town and the teenager kept on saying, "Thank you so much! You were an angel sent to me! Thank you!" It broke my heart. They grabbed the big dog, pushed it in the back seat, and I drove them home. The dog took up the whole back seat and you should have seen my son's face! I was laughing at the silliness of it all. We are all allergic to dogs! ;) My little man wasn't happy that the dog was using his blanket "as his bed" but the girl was so sweet reassuring him that the dog was really "just a big baby" and "didn't mean to" as she talked to the dog in a high pitch voice like one does to a baby. It was great. When I drove them home I realized they lived next door to the camp.

I thanked God that I got to meet these new friends. Then, I praised Him for using me twice and it wasn't even noon! I am looking forward to the next time God brings me out of my home and comfort zone to help those in need! We can find comfort in knowing that if we trust in Him, he will use us in unique and amazing ways.