Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Create Often Sponsor - Easy Canvas Prints

So, we have lived in our new home since March and I am finally getting pictures up on my walls. I have the frames up, just no pictures in them. (Please tell me that you have been here before too...) As a photographer and scrapbook artist, it seems overwhelming to try and pick a photo, out of the million we have taken, and hang it up in our home.

Now I know what brides feel like getting 900 pictures of their wedding and then just leaving them in a shoebox or on a disc. Shocking, I know! ;) But, I was one of those brides. I got my wedding photos (shot by Jim Michael in Salem, Oregon) and was so exhausted looking at them all, not one was enlarged and hung up. Sad, but true.

In fact, I realized that when I go over to some of our clients' homes, they have more of our photos hanging on their walls than we do! 

A few weeks ago, I started my traditional disc and digital backups. I then realized that I just had my wedding pictures on a disc and not digitally backed up. (Please remember to do this - often!) Wouldn't it be terrible if these were lost some how? It was then I realized that I needed to get on the ball and enlarge some of these to have in our home. When I looked at the photos again, I now only liked a hand full of photos enough to hang, which kind of narrowed it down a little. ;)

It was time to get at least one photo on a canvas from Easy Canvas Prints. It was really easy and fast to upload the photo to their site. I also loved that there was an easy to read (and right up front) place to click if you do not want your photos auto-corrected. Since I do all of my own editing, I appreciate a company that makes it easy to find this feature to click it off. I got an 8x10 to go with our cluster of frames. We got it in the mail within the week!

I have a lot of wall space in our home and it is easy to create a collection of photographs with a random frame set up like this one.


 We also got this sweet chair donated  to us for our photography business. How great would this chair be in the middle of a field with a cute senior sitting in it? ;) Can't wait to try it out!

This photo is during our "first look." You can read a great article about what a first look is here by Jasmine Star Photography.  



The quality of the canvas is quite nice. I have been able to push these into pre-built store bought frames, but I couldn't with this one. This one might need to get professionally done. But the black sides match pretty nicely with room's decor that I might want it to stay like it is.

I got excited about at least one wall being finished in our home. ;) It is getting me motivated to finish the rest of the walls. Now, who wants to come over and help me go through all my photos and pick ones to hang? That's the hard part. ;)

Easy Canvas Prints is giving 50% off your canvas order with free shipping by becoming a fan on their Facebook page!

Create Well: Don't be shy. Hang those beautiful photos that you have captured for you to enjoy all day, every day.

Easy Canvas Prints is a sponsor of Create Well, Create Often. If you would like more information on becoming a sponsor of this blog, email me at createoften{at}gmail{dot}com.