Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Helmar - 4 Ways to Use Helmar 450 Quick Dry

Confessions of a scrapbooker... before I used Helmar adhesive I thought you just needed one glue to do the job. Gasp! I didn't realize that adhesive was a tool. Just like your husband or father needs multiple tools in his shop to get a job done, you need multiple glues to get a layout done.

Helmar 450 Quick Dry. The name says it all. Yes, it does dry quickly and has an incredible bond but it is not that "go-to to-get-every-job-done" kind of glue.

Think of 450 Quick Dry like those special wedges you pull out of the closet to make your outfit perfect. Do you wear those cute things outside to do garden work? No way! 450 Quick Dry should be treated like a good pair of wedges not like your garden boots. ;) It is special and has unique properties that help those hard-to-adhere pieces stick!

I always use another Helmar glue for my first layer on my layouts (either Helmar's Acid Free or Helmar's Premium Craft Glue). When I use 450 Quick Dry, I use the tip of the bottle to spread it around and the drying time is only a minute or less when doing so.

Here are four ways I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry on the layout below.


1. Metal Embellishments - These metal photo corners will stay put with 450 Quick Dry! Just wipe the glue's lid clean with one and stick it on! "Waste not" is what I always say!


2. Chipboard Letters and Stickers - It doesn't matter if the chipboard has adhesive on the back of it or not, I always add 450 Quick Dry to make sure that six months from now, when I flip through my album, I don't have letters collecting on the bottom of my page protector.


3. Rhinestones and Epoxy Stickers - When using rhinestones or epoxy stickers on paper, I use 450 Quick Dry to adhere them to the page. I know, you would think they would stay put but I have found with the amount of layers I have on my pages, they just don't. Frankly, I get embarrassed showing my work to others with confetti at the bottom of my book. So, to get the job done right, I just wipe the edge of the bottle or use a tooth pick to help me add a little to these pretties.


4. Small Paper Punches - On small paper punches, like this butterfly punch, I always add 450 Quick Dry to the center of the punch so that I can be sure it stays put. For this butterfly, I was able to add a little (again with a toothpick) down the center of it's body. I let it dry completely before lifting the wings up for dimension.


Another confession of a scrapbooker...Helmar's 450 Quick Dry has really saved my life as an artist. My sister use to tell me after seeing my work fall off my page, "Jen, you have an adhesive problem." Now she says, "Jen, you have an adhesive addiction." Don't worry, it's the good kind; it's a Helmar addiction. ;)

Create Well: Use several adhesives on a page to get the job done - right!