Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Helmar- Father's Day Card

Happy Father's Day! I finished my 12x12 layout a week ago for today's post and my husband comes into my studio and says, "That is not masculine." My heart sank. Since I am kicking off Masculine Projects Week at the Helmar Blog, I figured if my husband did not like my project, I just couldn't post it. He questioned, "Where are the guns and knives?" Pointing at my colorful layers, he said, "I like clean lines."

Ok... he got me thinking. I love paper crafting because it is my artistic outlet. Now, I am not going to change who I am or how I love to create, but, he does have a point. The assignment was for, well, him. I thought... why not take him up on his challenge of clean lines, guns, and knives. ;) When creating for others, it is good to get out of our comfort zone and create in a style that is theirs. What better way to do that, than creating a card for Father's Day or the hero in your own life.



1. Cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Score and fold in half. Cover the front of the card with black cardstock using Helmar's Premium Craft Glue.

2. Mat the front of your card with brown cardstock and again with the army pattern paper. (This is by Crate Paper Toy Box Collection).

3. Fold the Crate Paper Toy Box star ribbon over the edges of the card and use Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue to glue ends down on the inside of the card. I mat the inside with cardstock so the inside looks nice.

4. Using Tim Holtz's Mini Paper Rosettes die, I created a small rosette, using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue again. This glue really holds the rosette for good! I used the large circle that comes in the die for the back and the toy solider for the front of the rosette, using the same gluing technique.

5. Then, in black ink, I stamped "Thank You" with a stamp by Unity Stamp Company.

Create Well: To my dear husband, you are the example of what a father should be. I am so blessed to have you be the father in our son's life!