It is time again for Samantha Walker's Creative Team Blog Hop and giveaway! Samantha Walker will be having a blog hop once a month where her Design Team will be sharing their creations with her brilliant products! If you are coming from the creative genius, Angi Barr welcome! If not, you can start the hop here. I am so excited about this because a $10 gift certificate for Samantha Walker's digital store at Jessica Sprague is this month's give away! Read on to see how to win.
The sun finally showed itself friendly in the Northwest, just in time for this blog hop too! I spent a few hours creating this easy top by following A Beautiful Mess' Simple Cotton Top tutorial. I can't help but want to use Samantha Walker's fabric for everyday use. I want make handbags, headbands, cotton tops or dresses.
One thing that I would recommend when creating this simple neckline casing is, instead of sewing a tube of fabric for your drawstring, create large bias tape. To do so, follow these simple instructions:
1. Measure and cut 45" x 3"of fabric.
2. On an ironing board, with wrong side up, fold the strip so the end meet in the middle. Iron down. Do the same on the other side. (Just like you are folding a paper airplane!) It is really easy to fold and iron this Saddle Up Medallion Yellow. The circles are easy to line up!
3. Now, fold your strip in half. Iron down. Pin in place and sew across the entire strip.
Super easy and there will be no tears like there will be trying to turn a 45" tube inside out. I love wearing my top with a sweater in the cool mornings and a belt.
To enter to win a $10 gift certificate for Samantha Walker's digital store, just leave a comment on my blog between 12:00am July 11th and 11:59 pm July 15th, 2012. Winner will be announced on Samantha's Facebook page on Monday July 16th.
1. Receive an additional entry for commenting on each of the other blogs in the blog hop.
2. Go here and follow Samantha Walker's blog.
3. Follow her on Facebook.
4. Sign up for an e-mail subscription to Samantha's blog and you will automatically receive a link the free SVG cutting file below that you can download and use on your personal electronic cutter. Link will be e-mailed early next week.