Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp's Media Team

I feel so blessed to be working along with these talented women, Lindsey Bateman, Maggie Massey, Jamie Pate, and Kim Jeffress.

I have to share with you how excited I am about being on this team. Not only is it such an honor to be representing Heidi Swapp, but it just reminds me of how grateful I am. My dear twin sister, Becca, reminded me on the phone today when she called to congratulate me. She said, "Jennifer, God is not a God of regrets."

She reminded me of long ago. After graduating high school I was offered a job at the San Diego Contemporary Museum of Art as a summer intern to work along with an artist. This was a huge opportunity! Only a handful of artists in the city were picked out of the applicants and I was one of them. I was so honored. Then, I found out I had to decline the offer to move with my family to Oregon. I can still remember the phone call I had to make to the museum telling them that I couldn't take the position. They were shocked at how I could pass the opportunity up. I have always lived with the question, "What if I took that job? Where would I be and what would I be doing?"

I put art aside for seven years after graduation and later again for another 2 years. Three years ago my sister told me about a design team call for Craft Warehouse and said I should apply. I had no idea what a design team was ;) but she believed in me that much, so I gave it a try. I am so thankful I did.

Now, after leaving teaching preschool and other part-time jobs to stay at home with my son, God has granted my dream of being an artist. I had no idea I could even do this from home and yet, I am blessed to be able to work for amazing companies that push me to be better at what I do!

The end of my story is the day I got word I made Heidi's Swapp's Media Team. I was anxious about it. I, like most of those that applied, were eager to hear word. I then realized, when I have ever applied for a team, guest position, or publication with my heart focused on myself, I wouldn't get the job. But whenever my heart was knowing it was OK if I didn't make it and that if it was His will for me to represent that company I would get the job.

I knew my heart needed to be right. The moment I said to myself, "It's ok Jen if you don't make the team because no matter what, God has amazing plans for you," my phone jingled. I looked down at it and there was the acceptance email.

It might seem small. But to me it is huge. God has shown me that when I give everything I do to Him, he will bless. I am continually reminded of Exodus 33:19, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, The Lord, in your presence."

Create Well: God is not a God of regrets.