Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp - Home Decor My Way!


Kim W and Michelle are our {Mo}tography winners and have been notified by email! Thank you for entering!

I went to Craft Warehouse a couple of weeks ago and kind of went crazy. ;) I wanted to try Color Shine on some unfinished surfaces. So look forward to some new posts using Heidi Swapp products in fun ways!

The first project I wanted to try was a home decor piece for my wall. This MDF frame is about 12x12 with a 4x4 opening in the front. (I took a few photos with my phone so you could see what it looked like before). I took out the glass and back.


The Color Shine soaked right into the MDF and I really didn't want to waste the whole bottle on this project, so I decided to use Color Magic on it instead. I treated the Color Magic with Black Velvet Color Shine and then glued it to the frame.


After gluing it I cut out the frame opening with a craft knife.


I then flipped the frame over and took a wet sponge (kitchen or cosmetic works fine) and sprayed the sponge with Black Velvet Color Shine. Quickly, I wiped the sides of the frame with the sponge. Work fast because that MDF soaks up paint!


Then, I used Helmar's Silicone Adhesive and glued a black frame front over the hole. This frame is 2.5 x 3.5. It was only $3.

I then, cut Heidi Swapp's Gratitude Quote with my Silhouette and white cardstock. After cut, I misted it with Georgia Peach Color Shine. I glued it to white cardstock so it would fit in the frame.


I then used the back of the 4x4 frame to hold the paper in place. I am going to change the quote out for each season!

What a fun and easy project to create and match any home decor!

Create Well: Cover an unfinished frame with Color Magic to match your home for anytime of the year!