Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp - Memory File Sketch

I am so excited that Heidi Swapp's first Memory File Sketch was done by yours truly! 

I love a good sketch! Always have! I miss being on the Pencil Lines Sketch and Triple the Sketch Design Teams, which both are now no more, where I was pushed to use them every week! You can see this double page spread using the new sketch on Heidi's blog today


When I create, it usually starts with a sketch. It isn't detailed every time. There are times when I need to know ahead of time how many pictures I am going to use or where I am going to add a specific title. Most of the time, I am sketching out my design right before I go to create the page, just so that I don't sit at a project for three days! ;)

I have a hardback sketch book where I like to keep my sketches. I don't always go back and use them again, but it gives me a place to keep them. If I am in a hurry, I will grab any scrap paper to draw my sketch on! 

Sometimes, my sketch won't have an interactive element in it. I usually think of that while I am trying to decide what photos to use for which sketch. For example, for the right page above, there is a homemade Fotostack (you can see more details about it here) to showcase more photos. The sketch just calls for a 4x6 photo in it's place but this works for both the design and solves my problem of needing a place to add more photos to my project! 

Do you like to work with sketches? If so, what are some ways you file yours? I love my friend, Mendi Yoshikawa's, article about how she prints and stores hers! Check out this post she did!


Create Well: In a creative slump? Need a boost? Use a sketch!