Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

A Molly Mo's Baby Shower: Part 1

Saturday my sister, Rebecca, and friend Diane, of Molly Mo's, helped put on a baby shower for me. It was one of the most beautiful baby showers I have ever been to. I have to say that I am still overwhelmed at the kindness and hard work of Becca, Diane, my Mum, niece Jessica, and friend Sarah. Becca kept everything a secret and boy was I surprised! It was like walking into my very own Pinterest inspiration board. ;)


The baby shower was held at Diane's shop, Molly Mo's, which is only open for special antique faire events. When Becca came to her to ask for advice about where she could find a unique venue for the shower, Diane said, "Why not in the barn?" The above photo was taken of the barn last August for Diane's Summer Antique Faire. (It was pouring with rain, so I didn't get a photo of the outside of the barn at the party.)

When I walked into the beautiful room, I just had to take pictures before everyone started to arrive. But, I realized it was hard to photograph a party that is suppose to be for you. So, sadly, I put the SLR down and pulled out my phone and quickly got shots where and when I could. Then, Becca took my phone from me and started taking more while I opened presents. 


The furniture and items hung on the wall are all Diane's from her shop.


A variety of chairs that Diane had for the guests to sit on. 


One of Diane's gifts to me was this beautiful "B" that she took to her friend Sarah Voss of Roost Reimagined so that she could teach her how to make it. From what Diane tells me, Sarah ended up doing the project while she chatted. ;) It was created with old bed sheets that was re-purposed into a mummy Halloween costume for her daughter years ago (which one first prize, by the way) and now was used to create this piece. The "B" is made of cardboard that she picked up at a local craft store.

The pom poms were created by Becca and my Mum! I am also excited to say that the pink and green Pink Paislee decorations behind the white poms are my own from my Create Often Scrapbook Retreat that I gave Diane last year. Lastly, on the left is a little book that I got to open at home today. It is my mother's baby book filled with milestones of her first year, first haircut, and even a few darling photos inside as an infant. Precious.




There were two cakes, one was Raspberry Champagne and the other a Lemon purchased from The Lovin' Oven which is the bakery that makes the cakes for the famous Gerry Frank's Konditorei.



 The lemon cake was custom made to match the decor. It is hard to tell in the above photo, but it is a pale pink. The frosting on the inside was also pale pink. Of course, Becca added some Heidi Swapp Pennants to make me feel at home.


Sarah Voss gave Diane a few baby shower props, like this stork. Cute right?!


The display in the middle of the room held all the gifts and flower favors that Becca wrapped by hand.


Becca took 100 year old magazine pages and folded the pages to create a little pot. She took the flowers and filled each paper pot and then tied each with string. Each guest got to take one home.

Create Well: Be inspired. Feel loved.