Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp and Project Life - Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards

Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards @createoften @heidiswapp @beckyhigginsllc #valentines #day #cards #dinosaur #projectlife

Valentine's cards can be a dilemma when you have over 30 kids in a class. I am also a firm believer that children should participate in making their own cards. I have no desire to see my son sitting the night before school writing everyone's name on big-box-store cards that are just going to be thrown away when they get home.

With my son's SPD issues, sitting for a long period of time writing names gets tedious. It gives me anxiety just thinking about him having to do it. So, I try to design a card that he would have fun making. Isn't that what crafts are all about anyway? Having fun?!

My son is in second grade, but this project is easy enough for as young as a 3 year old! I picked up these plastic dinosaurs at the Target Dollar Spot. There were 20 in a package for $1! What a deal!

Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards @createoften @heidiswapp @beckyhigginsllc #valentines #day #cards #dinosaur #projectlife

I pre-stamped the speech bubbles to speed the assembly process with my son. If you have a little stamper, have them stamp one day and another day do the assembly. I used Heidi Swapp's stamp and die set with Archival Ink on Bazzill Basics' Coconut Swirl Card Shoppe paper. It is made for stamping without bleeding! 

Then, I had E use We R Memory Keeper's Evolution Die Cutting Machine. Seriously, he had the best time taping the die to each speech bubble with washi tape and running it through the machine by himself. I was NOT allowed to help! Ha!

Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards @createoften @heidiswapp @beckyhigginsllc #valentines #day #cards #dinosaur #projectlife

Then, I used Becky Higgins' Project Life cards that I knew would match and I created piles for my son to start matching together. I helped him with the foam squares and he just started placing the dinosaurs and speech bubbles on the cards he wanted.

Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards @createoften @heidiswapp @beckyhigginsllc #valentines #day #cards #dinosaur #projectlife

Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards @createoften @heidiswapp @beckyhigginsllc #valentines #day #cards #dinosaur #projectlife

I then stapled them to a pack of Valentine's candy. He felt pretty good about himself when he was finished and it didn't take him all day to do them either!

Dinosaur Valentine's Day Cards @createoften @heidiswapp @beckyhigginsllc #valentines #day #cards #dinosaur #projectlife

Create Well: Include your kids in being creative! They love taking ownership in what they make!