Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Desginer: Iris Babao Uy

This week's guest designer is the very talented artist, Iris Babao Uy. Her layouts always make me gasp out loud! They are more than gorgeous! They are stunning! I love her layering techniques and use of Prima flowers...  *sigh*


I got into this craft because of my daughter Nicole, and now that I have two children, I have double the reason to create. I am most inspired by pictures and memories. To make sure that I always find inspiration to scrapbook, I not only take many pictures of my children and family - I make sure that I also create many wonderful memories for them.



I am a scrapper from The Philippines, a wife and a mother to two sweet girls Nicole who is five years old, and Cheska who just turned one. I rarely plan my pages – I let a photo or a patterned paper inspire me and I take it from there.


I love the shabby chic and romantic style but I also enjoy working with bold patterns and striking colors. I’m an ink and paint type of person. I just have to get it a little messy to consider my page done. If I don’t have ink and paint on hand, then I just tear little bits of elements and stick it randomly for the sheer fun of it!


I am fortunate to be designing for Prima Marketing, Webster’s Pages, and October Afternoon. I am also part of two scrapbook inspiration sites: Pencil Lines, and Creative Therapy. One of the things I consider to be among my accomplishments in crafting industry have been named as one of the 2008 Memory Makers Magazine Masters and I am thankful for the blessings which have come my way as an artist and will continue to be thankful for the happiness and fulfillment that I get from this craft.


You can follow Iris Babao Uy at her blog, My White Space and Twitter.

Create Well: Let a photo or patterned paper inspire you and take it from there!