Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer: Danielle Wycough

You are in for a treat with this week's Guest Designer, Danielle Wycough. This heartfelt papercrafter will move you with today's feature! When you read her blog and get to know this sweetheart you will know that she has a passion for her family and for those who are in need. She is a prayer warrior, a princess of the King, and she followed the calling placed on her life. Read on to find out what that calling was...

My name is Danielle Wycough, and my name means so much to me. Danielle is a Hebrew name taken from Daniel which means God is my judge! First and foremost in my life, I am a child of God. A sinner saved grace. I am a Christian! I am a wife to The Prince Charming for nearly 10 years. Thank goodness that glass slipper fit. He is my heart, and nothing is complete without him here. I am a mother to 5 amazing, wonderful, blessings. Each of our children are completely different and I love that. They are 5 of the most important reasons to get up everyday. Their ages are 12, 9, 7, 6, and 4. There are quite a few arguments in our home; but it's our home and it's perfect for us. It is our heaven on earth.

I am a paper crafter, a scrapbooker, a card maker, an altered artist, and most importantly when it comes to paper crafts, I am the story keeper. Scrapbooking was not something that I was interested in. Honestly, I never thought I would do anything like that. It seemed almost silly to me. One year for Christmas, we decided to make Prince Charming's grandmother a scrapbook and each family had to do two pages. I froze with pure panic. I had no idea what to do! I knew that I would only embarrass myself. At the time, we had a local scrapbook store that was run by two of the most generous Christian women. They would take time and explain to me how to make a layout. They explained what a brad was and what the difference between textured cardstock and regular cardstock was. I slowly began to get very excited and started to stop into the store every few days. I worked on the album and I gradually gained enough confidence to show Prince Charming, who was surprised that I could even do that with paper!

After the gift was given, I felt God really working on my heart. He was telling me to keep pursuing the craft of scrapbooking. I didn't understand it, but I knew that it was from Him and I said, "Yes, Lord!" For the next two years, I continued to feel the same feeling and I had shared with many friends what I felt God was doing in my life. Sometimes I received little snickers, or someone patting me on the back, kind of like, "Ok, we get ya!" But, I was confident in my hope in Him, not people.

Then, one day a friend approached me about beginning a Scrapbook Bible Study Ministry at our church. After 3 years of waiting patiently, I felt God was finally starting to show me His Will for me. But, that wasn't it. Eventually, I began to become Internet savvy and learned so much about scrapbooking and about how to make a ministry out of it. So, I set out on a mission. I began a blog, www.scrapbookbiblestudy.blogspot.com. I wasn't sure if anyone would come, but I knew God's hand was in it. I made a small post on a blank blog announcing that in a couple of short weeks, we would begin a Scrapbook Bible Study. By the time the first lesson was posted, we had over 50 followers! Scripture Scrappers is growing and I am so thankful that God brought the opportunity.

I have also been completely blessed to be the Design Team Coordinator at Shimmerz Paints, a Design Team Member at Triple The Sketch, a Creative Team Member at EAD Designs, and an author for Inspirational Craft Blogs. To God be the glory, because without Him, it's only paint and glue!

Right now, I am on a vintage kick, so I am finding lots of inspiration at thrift stores. Girls - Go!!! You don't know what you are missing! But, my family inspires me the most creativly. I am not just inspired by their smiles but I am inspired in those moments when I see a single tear rolling down a cheek. I am inspired by the hugs, the kisses, and the I love yous. I am inspired by a warm breeze blowing on a summer day or a single snowflake glistening on the frozen ground. It is amazing how anything can inspire you if you look for the beauty in it.






To read more about Danielle and her ministries go to her blog, Life, One Layout at a Time. You can also visit Scripture Scrappers for Danielle's scrapbooking Bible study on The Fruits of the Spirit.
Create Well: Remember, no matter what people may say or do to you, you have a calling on your life! Keep running the race! Be confident in your hope in Him, not people.