Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer: Amy Peterman

Amy Peterman's designs have been capturing my eye for quite some time now. Amy is unique, fun, and she's not afraid of using bold designs and color! I love her use of multiple photographs to tell her story. You can find Amy at her blog, Evidence of Creativity.


I am a lover of all things creative — a stroll through an art exhibit, an afternoon playing around in Photoshop and InDesign (pre-kids I was a freelance graphic artist), a night spent with knitting needles clicking as I watch an old movie, a walk along the lakeshore with my girls admiring God’s creation, a date night with my hubby at a favorite pub listening to some local musicians — all of these things are creative in their own way, and I love it all. But, I think what I love the most, is playing with photos, paper and bits of this and that. Give me a bowl of dark chocolate covered almonds, some tunes, and a day to myself to scrapbook and I am one happy chick!



Supplies: Adhesive (Tombow) • Chipboard, clip, mini folder, patterned paper, pins, transparent die-cuts, trim (Fancy Pants) • Letter stickers, paint, letter (Making Memories) • Pens (American Crafts) • Rub-ons (Die Cuts With A View)


When I scrapbook, I need everything out, spread around me. I make a serious mess. I once had a work surface my wonderful husband built for me that was counter height (I stand when I create) and was ten foot long. I usually covered every inch of that table. I sold it last year before a move and now I need to have hubby built me another one. Pretty please, honey!


Supplies: Adhesive (Tombow) • Brads (All My Memories) • Chipboard letters, die cuts, felt, lace, patterned paper, ribbon, rub-on letters (Fancy Pants) • Pen (American Crafts)



One of the things I always have out, amongst my mess, is paint. I can’t get enough paint. In fact, it’s not often that I create a layout without it. I think my use of paint makes me more of an artsy scrapbooker. I love that when I scrapbook, I’m not only preserving memories, but it is also an art form.


As seen on the Memory Makers website

Supplies: Adhesives (Duck, Therm O Web) • Chipboard letters (Imagination Project) • Ink (Stampin’ Up!) • Mesh (Magic Mesh) • Paint (Making Memories) • Patterned papers (Creative Imaginations, Imagination Project, Zsiage) • Pens (Chartpak, EK Success) • Rhinestones (me & my BiG ideas) • Rub-ons (My Mind’s Eye) • Stamps (Fancy Pants) • Stickers (Making Memories, SEI) • Correction tape (BIC) • Misc.: staples, tulle


Since scrapbooking is a creative outlet for me, I’m not too concerned with scrapbooking every photo. I only scrapbook the photos I feel connected to at the moment or what goes with certain products I’m into. It keeps the process fun for me and I find that when I force myself to scrapbook photos I’m not crazy about, the layout doesn’t come together the way I’d like. I still want to include those not-so-great photos and extra outtakes (they are still important snippets of life), so I try to include them in divided protectors in my albums.


As seen in Scrapbook Trends October 2009

Supplies: Adhesive (Tombow) • Buttons, chipboard, clip, die-cuts, journal notebook pages, mini folder, page protector, patterned paper, rub-ons (Fancy Pants) • Pen (American Crafts) • Paint, tiny alpha stickers (Making Memories)

When I’m in a scrapbooking mood, but can’t be in my creative space, I spend time resizing and touching up photos to get them ready for my next layout, blogging, and perusing the galleries at twopeas and scrapbook.com. I also spend time checking out creative blogs. Currently, I’m totally inspired by…

Elizabeth Kartchner - I love her use of colors and patterns.

Jen Jockisch - She has a fun retro vibe going on. Love it!

Cindy Tobey - Funky, quirky style and great details!

The Pioneer Woman an amazing photographer (and cook!)


As seen in Creating Keepsakes November 2008


Supplies: Adhesive (Therm O Web) • chipboard, die cuts, felt, patterned paper, ribbon, transparency (Fancy Pants) • Paint (Making Memories) • Pen (American Crafts) • Other: Embroidery Floss


Amy Peterman is a 2008 Memory Makers Master and designs for Fancy Pants Designs. She resides in Northern Michigan with her husband, two daughters and two German Shorthaired Pointers.

Create Well: Still want to include those not-so-great photos and extra outtakes? Try to include them in divided protectors in your albums.