Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Jessica Fediw

This week's guest designer is Jessica Fediw ! She is beautiful, creative, and her creations are a reflection of her! A lot of us can relate to her story of finding ourselves again through arts and crafts. I know you will appreciate her honesty and testimony as much as I have!



The Round Fabric Pinwheel Necklace

My name is Jessica Fediw and I am many things. I am a mother to two adorable little girls who are 4 years old and 6 weeks old. I am a wife to an amazing man who has brought me into the military life, as he is in the Coast Guard. We currently are living in Florida, but I am originally from Virginia. I have a blog, Happy Together, where I share what I'm currently creating and more. I work hard to share my knowledge of what I learn and create with tutorials. I also create patterns and various things here and there to put in my shop. But, all of this began when my oldest daughter was born.....
 
I had a very rough pregnancy and once my daughter came, it wasn't quite what I thought motherhood would be. My husband was also gone a lot for military obligations. I felt lost somewhat. One day while reading a magazine, I read about Wee Wonderfuls and checked out the blog. I had never heard of craft blogs. I was intrigued and quickly began looking for more blogs to read. I decided to start doing my own creative things. My mom gave me her sewing machine and my grandma gave me her crochet hooks. That's when my crafting journey began.

 
My biggest inspiration was my daughter. I started off with making little things for her. It then continued on and I slowly began to grow in my new found abilities. While my hubby was deployed, I decided to start up my own blog. I had a little dinky camera and no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to go for it. I took a step out there to share what I create and I am so glad I did!


It has been such an outlet for me. And another good thing is I can take this wherever my husbands career takes us! I found a part of myself I didn't even know was there. I feel so passionate about creating now! It gave me a whole new view of God too, who is the ultimate Creator. I find time to do my thing when the little ones are sleeping and usually so is the husband. I put on some music and have fun! I look for inspiration everywhere. Literally. You just never know where you might be inspired.

Maternity Dress

My style varies and is a mishmash. But, I would say my ultimate style that I strive for is what I would call "Anthropologie." I just love the style and feel of that store. I like to use bright colors but I also love neutrals. When it comes to kid things I tend to go with the more bright and fun colors, but then not so much bright for house things and my clothes. I keep many journals with ideas, pictures, etc. to keep my creative juices flowing. I feel like I have so many ideas I will never get around to them all LOL :)

Matching Headband

I feel blessed that I am able to bring inspiration all over the world with the use of the internet. I hope that others are encouraged to find more of themselves through a creative process and let it bring joy to their life and others.
An Oceany Top
 
Besides finding Jessica on her blog and at her store, make sure you say hello via Facebook,Twitter, Pintrest, and Flickr.

Create Well: Find more of yourself through a creative process and let it bring joy to your life and others.