Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Helmar & Buttons Galore & More - Card


I wanted to share a unique way of using buttons on a card. I love the look of buttons threaded through a stick pin. I have to admit that my brilliant sister has been doing this for a long time and they always look so elegant on cards with the more you add.



1. Pick out a stick pin. You can use scrapbooking ones, like the one above, or plain floral pins work well too (they can be found in the floral department of your local craft store).

2. Thread your Buttons Galore & More on to the pin.

3. Add beads too!

4. Decide where you would like the pieces to lay. Use the tip of your 450 Quick Dry and rub on to the stick pin. Let dry before threading the pin through your ribbon's knot. I love knowing I can pick up my stick pin without all the beads and buttons falling off it!

When teaching me about creating my own pins, my twin sister had a great tip to share! To protect yourself and others from the sharp point, add an earring back to the end of your pin using 450 Quick Dry! You can find packages of them in the beading section of your local craft store.

Here are a couple more samples of some stick pins made the same way.


Create Well: Think outside the box and use items you wouldn't normally use for your cards or layouts, like ear ring backs for these stick pins.