Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp - Girls Night Out

Now that my stomach is full and Thanksgiving is over, bring on December! It has been a whirlwind of a month, including celebrating my birthday three times!!! I love my family! ;) Actually, my twin sister, Becca, and I were able to celebrate in Portland with dinner. It was lovely. She gave me a "night out with the girls" which was scheduled for last weekend at Create a Memory, downtown Salem with my sister, Becca, and her sister-in-law and my friend, Sarah.


Becca kept reminding me to be prepared to think about what I wanted to create before going into the shop. I decided on using Heidi Swapp's digital word files with the Silhouette and vinyl. That way I could use the word as a template/mask on a mug.


I painted the base coat a yellow, including the inside of the mug!


Then, I went to stick the vinyl on the mug after the paint dried. But, the paint is kind of powder-like and it wouldn't stick. I was told by the owner of the shop that contact paper works better. (Now I want to find out if contact paper can go in the Silhouette.) After painting the base coat, I could of gone over the entire front of the mug with a different paint and peeled up the word mask. Since the vinyl didn't stick, I used it for a stencil and traced around the "believe." Then, I took a turquoise paint to fill it in.


Of course in between coats we were taking photo with our phones. ha!



I had the mug two days later and it looks great! I totally want to go again and try the original technique that was in my head and see the difference. Hey, but not too bad for my first try. Plus, I had the owner of the shop very interested in what a "Silhouette" was. ;)

Create Well: Try hybrid with other crafting - like ceramics.