Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Helmar - Five

One of my pet peeves with creating bows on my layouts is how my loops always flop the wrong way. You know what I mean? You untie it and try again over and over until you want to forget it all together! I have noticed when teaching classes, if there is a bow on a project, everyone starts showing signs of perspiration!  Follow the steps below to give you control on those stubborn embellishments.


1. To make these little flags, by Elle's Studio, I cut them out, and folded them without pushing too hard. I then used a small dot of 450 Quick Dry to tack the toothpick in place. I left it alone for a minute to dry completely.


2. To make my bow, I wrapped the twine around the toothpicks and added a small dot of Helmar's 450 Quick Dry and knotted again. Sometimes just wiping the lid across is enough.

3. I then tied my bow. I tied it just like I tie my shoes. Don't worry about what it looks like.


4. Then, adjust your loops. Wipe the end of the glue bottle on the back of each loop and press down. It will not move!

5. Cut the ends of your ties to the length you want.

Create Well: Stand back and do a victory dance! That bow had nothing on you!