Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

DIY Flubber


DIY Flubber by @createoften like slime

Hands-on sensory experiences have always been a part of my curriculum when I taught preschool, directed children's ministries, and at home. I love pulling out my recipe book, where I have collected hundreds of mixtures from other teachers for over 20 years, that I have tweaked to make my own. I have decided it was time I shared these recipes with you! This particular slime recipe that we always called "Flubber" is a favorite with older children, yet my 3 year old daughter loves it just as much as my 10 year old son.   
This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Create Often with Jennifer Evans. I am an employee and do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts. I create what I love and love to share what I create. but all ideas and opinions are my own. Use this tutorial only as intended and directed.

DIY Flubber by @createoften like slime

 This recipe should be made by an adult or with older children with adult supervision due to the messy ingredients. My children are allergic to food coloring and dyes so I love to use liquid watercolor. Plus the color is so vibrant and POPS! 



A few things to remember when creating sensory mixtures and some Create Often tips:

- To keep the mess under control I give each child a small amount in their own container over a place mat

- When at home, I like to do this out on the patio table

- At home, we wear play clothes or art aprons and in school art smocks

- Borax is a natural occurring salt that is mined from the Earth (sodium, boron, oxygen, and water). Store the large box out of the reach of children.

- Mixture washes out of clothes and hair with soap and water, however not out of carpet

- Add other sensory items inside the Flubber like mancala beads

- Add Flubber to mason jars for easy storage!


Create sensory experiences that are fun for children and adults alike!