Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Guest Designer - Mandy Lynne Photography

You will fall over backwards with this week's guest designer and photographer, Mandy from Mandy Lynne Photography! Her photos capture the definition of beauty. Not only does Mandy create the most lovely of photographs, she also creates divine card sets. Just see for yourself...


I am a wife and stay at home working mother to three amazing little people.
I have been a small business owner for the last 11 years.
Part time graphic design and mural painting & wall treatments.
Around the time my last child was born, I was feeling a little weary and ready for a change.
My creative outlet became photographing my children and shooting scenes and still life that I thought might potentially be art worthy.
My goal was to start an etsy shop & pursue art publishing.
The last few years have been so rewarding.
I feel like I am just beginning my creative journey.



How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as whimsical, dreamy, nostalgic and slightly off
beat.
.. probably my  personality description as well.  :)




What makes it your own? 

Fresh, pastel colors.. attention to detail.



What inspires you to be creative?

Creating is a part of living and breathing for me.  I think my motivation is to produce something that will be cherished and hopefully passed down to future generations. I get a ridiculous amount of pleasure from designing, painting, decorating, sewing clothes, toys  & planning parties. :)


Who are your favorite designers/photographers and why?

I have always been strongly influenced by my sister Charla.We used to scrapbook together, then it turned into crafting and photography. We pass nearly everything by each other. I value her opinion
as much as my own. There are so many other photographers & designers I admire too. Each for
their own unique style. Right now I am drawn to midcentury 50's- 60's style.



What are your favorite color combinations right now?

Red, blush pink, marigold, seafood green with grey or nutmeg.


What is your creative process?

I make notes and sketches when the ideas come.. usually at night.
Over time my thoughts & ideas come together to form a recognizable concept.
Pinterest is a great place to compile the ideas that you come across.
After enough pins it's easy to see a pattern of color choices and styles
you are attracted too.


What is the story you are trying to tell? How can this inspire others?

I think we instinctively create things that makes us feel close to
something we hold dear.
Much of my work is centered around home & family.. but I also would also like to include travel & adventure in my photography. There are still alot of stories to left to tell. :)
I feel so grateful to anyone who has encouraged me along the way.
I'm proof that it doesn't take a lot of resources to succeed at a few of your dreams.
Much of my home decor is homemade and nearly all of my portfolio images are taken within a few miles of my house.


How can you inspire others to create well?

Be inspired and gather courage to pursue something you truly love to do.
Allowing yourself that freedom is truly fulfilling and life changing!


You can follow Mandy on her blog. You can also find some of Mandy's photographs at Target! You can also shop for your favorites at her etsy shop, Skippy Designs.

Create Well: Be inspired and gather courage to pursue something you truly love to do.