Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Helmar & May Arts - Romantic Ribbon Cuff

I am so excited to share with you the second part of my project for Helmar & May Arts Week! I created Romantic Ribbon Trim earlier in the week and now I am sharing my Romantic Ribbon Cuff.


To create this lovely bangle, follow the directions of creating my ribbon trim as shown in the three minute video below. Cut your fabric to about 8"x3".





Instead of cutting your fabric into strips, cut another piece of fabric with iron-on interfacing to the same size and put right sides together. Sew the two pieces of fabric together and leave an opening on one side. Flip inside out. Top stitch the opening closed adding a little ribbon to loop onto a button to close the bracelet. I used my heavy duty needle and a 4-5 stitch to top stitch the whole thing so it would look quilted.

I used a little crocheted doily in the middle and added an 18 gauge wire to the little porcelain doll. I glued these down with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry. Did you know this glue is machine washable? Perfect for your fabric projects.  

I then added the bling! To create these faux pearls with a pearl paint pen and clear string, watch the one and a half minute video below.





I took the string of pearls and again, used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry to glue them down. The easiest way I found to glue them was to rub the pearl along the tip of the bottle. Then put the pearl on the fabric. Do this one pearl at a time. They adhered perfectly and beautifully!


Create Well: Use your scraps of ribbon to create a one-of-a-kind piece of wearable art.