Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

There Is No Charm Equal


There Is No Charm Equal, originally uploaded by createoften.

Ok... so I had a brilliant idea to order a porcelain pen online and create one-of-a-kind mugs for Christmas presents. I have a nephew in high school now and the only thing he is completely obsessed with is Star Wars. So, you should have seen the gifts I have made him the last three years. (You can find the coolest tutorials at their official website for crafts). I mean, I was sewing Yoda character Wii controller cozies for goodness sake! ;)

So, this year, I wanted the gift to be a little more mature but still make him smile. My sister said, "Why not a mug?" So, I did create a mug with a great Star Wars quote on it. Then, I filled it with a bag of hot cocoa.

The one pictured is a beautiful Jane Austen quote, "There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart." I love going on to quote websites and finding one that fits the recipient perfectly. I made a few for myself as my "practice" ones first. Now, I wake up with my husband walking around the house, sipping his coffee from my mug, with a Persuasion quote on it. ;) So not cool...

Create Well: Need a quick gift idea? Make personalized mugs. If you don't like your own handwriting, find a friend to do it for you! ;)